Ready to make a move?
Moving comes with plenty of unique challenges, so it's always best to be prepared. We've compiled these moving checklists to address many of the most frequently asked questions we receive from tenants. Please read through the information below before contacting our offices.
Of course, if you need additional assistance, our property management team is always happy to help: (301) 703-8608
First Month's Rent & Security Deposit
Your first month's rent, security deposit, and any other applicable balances are due at the lease signing by certified funds. Please confirm the amount in advance.
Move-in Date & Key Exchange
The move-in date & key exchange will be set at the lease signing. You will sign a key addendum acknowledging you have received the keys. If you lose or do not return keys within 48 hours of move out, you will be liable for replacement fees per the key addendum.
All utility accounts need to be placed in your name immediately upon taking occupancy of your new rental home. Do so quickly to avoid outages and administrative fees.
Utility Contact Information
Baltimore Gas & Electric:
All tenants must carry liability insurance ($100,000) and provide proof of purchase within 10 days of signing the lease or insurance may be purchased on your behalf. Download our insurance information sheet to learn more.
Other Important Keys:
- Locks cannot be changed without authorization.
- During the term of your lease, McKenna & Vane Property Management staff, has the right to enter the property at all reasonable times for the purpose of inspection or making repairs with 24 hour notice. In the case of an emergency 24 hour notice may not be applicable.
- You may be present for any and all inspections or repairs, but it is not required. You will be informed of each visit via your online tenant portal, text, email or mailed notice.
We do not offer automatic lease renewals. Your lease is over at the end of the specified term. Lease extensions may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
You will receive a move-out letter detailing the requirements for vacating the premises by mail and via your online tenant portal. During the last 90 days of your lease, the property may be actively marketed and shown to prospective tenants at reasonable times.
You are responsible for all necessary cleaning and repairs. If these are not handled appropriately, deductions will be made from the security deposit.
We prefer using:
- Thomas Covington Carpet Cleaning 202-971-2094
- True Investment Cleaning Services 443-430-5721
- A Plus Carpet 410-418-9888
A move-out inspection will be scheduled after you leave the premises. If you want to attend the move out inspection, the request must be sent in writing.
After vacating the premises, the security deposit shall be returned within 45 days. Deductions shall be made from the security deposit for any unpaid charges, and for any necessary repairs beyond normal wear & tear and cleaning fees if the tenant fails to restore the premises to move-in condition.
ALERT: Most notable charges against Security deposits:
- Check HVAC filters for cleanliness and replacement
- Check light bulbs for replacement
- Empty all kitchen drawers & cabinets
- Empty appliances, i.e. stove/oven & refrigerator.
- Remove debris from yard, decks, patios, gutters and garage (where applicable).
- Best to cut grass within 3 days of moveout (if applicable)
Lastly, a friendly reminder. Your security deposit cannot be used as the final month's rent.